- 354,443 hits
- Young-Heon Kim on An activist you are!
- Young-Heon Kim on Why Canada’s research granting councils mean so little to this government’s agenda
- Friday links: origin of an evolutionary icon, Canada vs. basic research, and more | Dynamic Ecology on Why Canada’s research granting councils mean so little to this government’s agenda
- jimwoodgett on Why Canada’s research granting councils mean so little to this government’s agenda
- Why Canada’s research granting councils mean so little to this government’s agenda | Piece of Mind on Budget 2014 is nothing short of a paradigm shift for Canada’s research and innovation
- An activist you are!
- Mathematics, poetry and beauty
- Four lessons from an amazing site visit
- Why Canada’s research granting councils mean so little to this government’s agenda
- How dare UBC take diversity so seriously?
- On the “clientèle-based” logic in redefining academic units
- UBC’s free fall in university rankings
- To some a citation is worth $3 per year
- Highlights from the installation speech of UBC’s 13th President, Arvind Gupta
- The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- A ton of career blood in the cause of clearly defining academic freedom
- On the dark side of philanthropy
- Return on investment in faculty rarely captured by university CFOs
- UBC appoints a doer as its 13th President
- Bye Bye Board
- Now that Government has listened to the research community, will NSERC?
- Budget 2014 is nothing short of a paradigm shift for Canada’s research and innovation
- Artists, Philanthropists, Politicians join mathematicians in celebrating BIRS-affiliate research facility in Oaxaca
- UBC Board approves improved faculty housing assistance program
- Cost-cutting in post-secondary institutions: Rank and Yank, Lift and Shift
- RT @joshdneufeld: Solidarity with Canadian federal scientists: "Universities introduce form to fill in before you are allowed to speak" htt… 14 hours ago
- McCain Urges Military Strikes Against FIFA newyorker.com/humor/borowitz… via @BorowitzReport 1 day ago
- So nice to see two of my favorite people @JimOlverTBC @thebanffcentre @BanffMayor 1 day ago
- RT @GlobalChronicle: After almost 800 years, Oxford names its first female vice chancellor shar.es/1rPEes 1 day ago
- @dlbrydon My engineer/daughter's favorite part of my latest blogpost was its link to dianabrydon.com/2015/04/23/can… 2 days ago
Daily Archives: January 3, 2011
Here are some of the issues I will be posting on in the next few weeks. Please chip in if you will. More on how you can help us inform the academic community, follows at the bottom of the post.
Grant selection seasons bring forward dozens of individual complaints from disappointed applicants in every province in Canada, yet the task of looking at the global picture and at the real causes for these often regrettable situations, is often taken up … Continue reading