- 338,788 hits
- Nilima on Highlights from the installation speech of UBC’s 13th President, Arvind Gupta
- Andrew Irwin on Canadian Common CV: NSERC vs. Linkedin
- Speculative Diction | Dissecting the USask fiasco | University Affairs on The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- Frank on The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- Phil Hultin on The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- To some a citation is worth $3 per year
- Highlights from the installation speech of UBC’s 13th President, Arvind Gupta
- The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- A ton of career blood in the cause of clearly defining academic freedom
- On the dark side of philanthropy
- Return on investment in faculty rarely captured by university CFOs
- UBC appoints a doer as its 13th President
- Bye Bye Board
- Now that Government has listened to the research community, will NSERC?
- Budget 2014 is nothing short of a paradigm shift for Canada’s research and innovation
- Artists, Philanthropists, Politicians join mathematicians in celebrating BIRS-affiliate research facility in Oaxaca
- UBC Board approves improved faculty housing assistance program
- Cost-cutting in post-secondary institutions: Rank and Yank, Lift and Shift
- Universities in an Era of ‘Non-Lieux’
- Roasting chestnuts for my favourite hockey players
- From “shared governance” to “shared services”: Lessons from the University of Michigan
- The UBC Faculty Housing Action Plan revisited
- Beyond “the homely West-side heritage home” that shelters UBC-Mathematics
- A mathematician at the Global Business Forum
- Lousy reporting targets Canada’s higher education
- "It reads as if it were prepared by one of the brighter sophomores on the Emanuel campaign’s intern team" salon.com/2015/03/06/was… 47 minutes ago
- La cohésion par la peur. Comment se construit une peur collective? slate.fr/story/96871/pe… via @slatefr 1 hour ago
- "It is the eclipse of reason" salon.com/2015/03/06/let… via @Salon 1 hour ago
- RT @sciam: Mathematicians explain the #science behind when something goes viral on the #Internet ow.ly/JZIXB http://t.co/arjEPGs… 2 hours ago
- RT @JimOlverTBC: #Elk @thebanffcentre @CIFAR_News @BIRS_Math @shama2314 @CAGP_ACPDP @RuthInOttawa @GlobalYAcademy @BanffConference http://t… 2 hours ago
Daily Archives: January 3, 2011
Here are some of the issues I will be posting on in the next few weeks. Please chip in if you will. More on how you can help us inform the academic community, follows at the bottom of the post.
Grant selection seasons bring forward dozens of individual complaints from disappointed applicants in every province in Canada, yet the task of looking at the global picture and at the real causes for these often regrettable situations, is often taken up … Continue reading