- 323,596 hits
- Speculative Diction | Dissecting the USask fiasco | University Affairs on The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- Frank on The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- Phil Hultin on The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- Somewhere else, part 138 | Freakonometrics on Return on investment in faculty rarely captured by university CFOs
- Phil Hultin on A ton of career blood in the cause of clearly defining academic freedom
- The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- A ton of career blood in the cause of clearly defining academic freedom
- On the dark side of philanthropy
- Return on investment in faculty rarely captured by university CFOs
- UBC appoints a doer as its 13th President
- Bye Bye Board
- Now that Government has listened to the research community, will NSERC?
- Budget 2014 is nothing short of a paradigm shift for Canada’s research and innovation
- Artists, Philanthropists, Politicians join mathematicians in celebrating BIRS-affiliate research facility in Oaxaca
- UBC Board approves improved faculty housing assistance program
- Cost-cutting in post-secondary institutions: Rank and Yank, Lift and Shift
- Universities in an Era of ‘Non-Lieux’
- Roasting chestnuts for my favourite hockey players
- From “shared governance” to “shared services”: Lessons from the University of Michigan
- The UBC Faculty Housing Action Plan revisited
- Beyond “the homely West-side heritage home” that shelters UBC-Mathematics
- A mathematician at the Global Business Forum
- Lousy reporting targets Canada’s higher education
- Thank You Notes
- Celebrating Martin Barlow and Ed Perkins
- RT @4bitNEWS: UN: After Operation Protective Edge – Gaza now has housing deficit of 75,000 units: 4bitnews.com/world-at-war/u… http://t.co/2xmOhk… 1 hour ago
- RT @conradhackett: Cost for a year at Harvard $56k Nursing home $84k NYC jail $168k (#s: @Harvard, @RWJF, @nytimes) 3 hours ago
- RT @raehanbobby: "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." ~ Albert Einstein #quotes #leadership #humor 3 hours ago
- RT @SJPUIUC: We demand a full revision of the UIUC Resolution on Diversity Values Statement ensuring that political beliefs are protected #… 3 hours ago
- RT @BeschlossDC: Unforgettable day when LBJ (born today 1908) gave bust of himself to the Pope, 1967: #NARA http://t.co/z2kid7zS2I 3 hours ago
Daily Archives: January 3, 2011
Here are some of the issues I will be posting on in the next few weeks. Please chip in if you will. More on how you can help us inform the academic community, follows at the bottom of the post.
Grant selection seasons bring forward dozens of individual complaints from disappointed applicants in every province in Canada, yet the task of looking at the global picture and at the real causes for these often regrettable situations, is often taken up … Continue reading