- 335,959 hits
- Nilima on Highlights from the installation speech of UBC’s 13th President, Arvind Gupta
- Andrew Irwin on Canadian Common CV: NSERC vs. Linkedin
- Speculative Diction | Dissecting the USask fiasco | University Affairs on The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- Frank on The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- Phil Hultin on The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- To some a citation is worth $3 per year
- Highlights from the installation speech of UBC’s 13th President, Arvind Gupta
- The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- A ton of career blood in the cause of clearly defining academic freedom
- On the dark side of philanthropy
- Return on investment in faculty rarely captured by university CFOs
- UBC appoints a doer as its 13th President
- Bye Bye Board
- Now that Government has listened to the research community, will NSERC?
- Budget 2014 is nothing short of a paradigm shift for Canada’s research and innovation
- Artists, Philanthropists, Politicians join mathematicians in celebrating BIRS-affiliate research facility in Oaxaca
- UBC Board approves improved faculty housing assistance program
- Cost-cutting in post-secondary institutions: Rank and Yank, Lift and Shift
- Universities in an Era of ‘Non-Lieux’
- Roasting chestnuts for my favourite hockey players
- From “shared governance” to “shared services”: Lessons from the University of Michigan
- The UBC Faculty Housing Action Plan revisited
- Beyond “the homely West-side heritage home” that shelters UBC-Mathematics
- A mathematician at the Global Business Forum
- Lousy reporting targets Canada’s higher education
- RT @Garossino: Don Cherry should get the Order of Canada, says Rex Murphy, & only commie pinko pukes & hypocrites could disagree with that.. 4 hours ago
- Harvard comp sci. prof at Davos: "We are at the dawn of the age of genetic McCarthyism." cnet.co/1yzuLhs 7 hours ago
- RT @edfrenkel: "Auschwitz is a symbol of racist revolution that sought to overturn the core notion of a common humanity" by @NYTimes http:/… 7 hours ago
- RT @cameron_tiff: .@ParkCityMarriot bar just refused to serve me without seeing my passport. In other news, I'm leaving tomorrow. 8 hours ago
- Interesting article: Saudi Arabia’s oil glut is meant to humble Alberta. /via @globeandmail m.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/sau… 9 hours ago
Daily Archives: November 7, 2011
The latest issue of “Contact” announces that only half of the $15-million federal increase to NSERC’s budget is going to the “Discovery Grant” program, even though the number of applicants to that program keeps increasing –from 3300 in 2010, to … Continue reading