- 338,453 hits
- Nilima on Highlights from the installation speech of UBC’s 13th President, Arvind Gupta
- Andrew Irwin on Canadian Common CV: NSERC vs. Linkedin
- Speculative Diction | Dissecting the USask fiasco | University Affairs on The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- Frank on The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- Phil Hultin on The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- To some a citation is worth $3 per year
- Highlights from the installation speech of UBC’s 13th President, Arvind Gupta
- The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- A ton of career blood in the cause of clearly defining academic freedom
- On the dark side of philanthropy
- Return on investment in faculty rarely captured by university CFOs
- UBC appoints a doer as its 13th President
- Bye Bye Board
- Now that Government has listened to the research community, will NSERC?
- Budget 2014 is nothing short of a paradigm shift for Canada’s research and innovation
- Artists, Philanthropists, Politicians join mathematicians in celebrating BIRS-affiliate research facility in Oaxaca
- UBC Board approves improved faculty housing assistance program
- Cost-cutting in post-secondary institutions: Rank and Yank, Lift and Shift
- Universities in an Era of ‘Non-Lieux’
- Roasting chestnuts for my favourite hockey players
- From “shared governance” to “shared services”: Lessons from the University of Michigan
- The UBC Faculty Housing Action Plan revisited
- Beyond “the homely West-side heritage home” that shelters UBC-Mathematics
- A mathematician at the Global Business Forum
- Lousy reporting targets Canada’s higher education
- RT @qui_oui: I needed a *break* this weekend, not Rex Murphy talking about higher ed 3 hours ago
- RT @ctitusbrown: And so it begins: parezcoydigo.wordpress.com/2015/02/27/on-… I expect the development of creative ways to fire "tenured" faculty to rise dram… 3 hours ago
- RT @bougnoulosophe: Ne dites plus : "je ne suis pas raciste, j'ai un ami musulman", dites "j'adore lire les grands penseurs soufis..."(@Pie… 3 hours ago
- RT @jwoodgett: Homeland security indeed. MT @the_intercept: gun violence compared to "domestic terror" in US. interc.pt/1aopGQt http:/… 4 hours ago
- Canadian universities working to attract more young girls to science ctvnews.ca/sci-tech/canad… via @CTVNews 4 hours ago
Daily Archives: October 29, 2011
The waitress suddenly interrupted our lively conversation. My discussions with Helmut -a fellow mathematician and a friend for more than 25 years, who looks like a cross between St John the Baptist and Attila the Hunt– are always loud, boisterous, … Continue reading
The joint pre-budget submission by NSERC, CIHR, SSHRC and CFI to the House of Commons Standing Committee on Finance is now public. Entitled, “BUILDING PROSPERITY, Research is building a brighter future for Canadians”, the document is supposed to be the 2012 manifesto of … Continue reading