- 348,601 hits
- Minelle Mahtani on How dare UBC take diversity so seriously?
- Ghoussoub on How dare UBC take diversity so seriously?
- Adam Schubel on How dare UBC take diversity so seriously?
- Brian Merchant on On the “clientèle-based” logic in redefining academic units
- H. Ben-El-Mechaiekh on On the “clientèle-based” logic in redefining academic units
- How dare UBC take diversity so seriously?
- On the “clientèle-based” logic in redefining academic units
- UBC’s free fall in university rankings
- To some a citation is worth $3 per year
- Highlights from the installation speech of UBC’s 13th President, Arvind Gupta
- The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- A ton of career blood in the cause of clearly defining academic freedom
- On the dark side of philanthropy
- Return on investment in faculty rarely captured by university CFOs
- UBC appoints a doer as its 13th President
- Bye Bye Board
- Now that Government has listened to the research community, will NSERC?
- Budget 2014 is nothing short of a paradigm shift for Canada’s research and innovation
- Artists, Philanthropists, Politicians join mathematicians in celebrating BIRS-affiliate research facility in Oaxaca
- UBC Board approves improved faculty housing assistance program
- Cost-cutting in post-secondary institutions: Rank and Yank, Lift and Shift
- Universities in an Era of ‘Non-Lieux’
- Roasting chestnuts for my favourite hockey players
- From “shared governance” to “shared services”: Lessons from the University of Michigan
- The UBC Faculty Housing Action Plan revisited
- RT @jwoodgett: “A better politics is one where we appeal to each other’s basic decency instead of our basest fears.” Obama’s #sotu speech. … 1 hour ago
- “The Subtle Art of Not Giving A F&%k”: medium.com/@bendreyfuss… 1 hour ago
- RT @ctvqp: Former RCMP investigator Garry Clement says there is an expectation that senators understand the basics of right and wrong. #duf… 1 hour ago
- Brilliant! Don't miss it @WhiteHouse 1 hour ago
- RIP beautiful Yulanda Fares: "To wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving ..." legacy.com/obituaries/van… 2 hours ago
Daily Archives: October 29, 2011
The waitress suddenly interrupted our lively conversation. My discussions with Helmut -a fellow mathematician and a friend for more than 25 years, who looks like a cross between St John the Baptist and Attila the Hunt– are always loud, boisterous, … Continue reading
The joint pre-budget submission by NSERC, CIHR, SSHRC and CFI to the House of Commons Standing Committee on Finance is now public. Entitled, “BUILDING PROSPERITY, Research is building a brighter future for Canadians”, the document is supposed to be the 2012 manifesto of … Continue reading