- 325,145 hits
- Speculative Diction | Dissecting the USask fiasco | University Affairs on The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- Frank on The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- Phil Hultin on The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- Somewhere else, part 138 | Freakonometrics on Return on investment in faculty rarely captured by university CFOs
- Phil Hultin on A ton of career blood in the cause of clearly defining academic freedom
- Highlights from the installation speech of UBC’s 13th President, Arvind Gupta
- The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- A ton of career blood in the cause of clearly defining academic freedom
- On the dark side of philanthropy
- Return on investment in faculty rarely captured by university CFOs
- UBC appoints a doer as its 13th President
- Bye Bye Board
- Now that Government has listened to the research community, will NSERC?
- Budget 2014 is nothing short of a paradigm shift for Canada’s research and innovation
- Artists, Philanthropists, Politicians join mathematicians in celebrating BIRS-affiliate research facility in Oaxaca
- UBC Board approves improved faculty housing assistance program
- Cost-cutting in post-secondary institutions: Rank and Yank, Lift and Shift
- Universities in an Era of ‘Non-Lieux’
- Roasting chestnuts for my favourite hockey players
- From “shared governance” to “shared services”: Lessons from the University of Michigan
- The UBC Faculty Housing Action Plan revisited
- Beyond “the homely West-side heritage home” that shelters UBC-Mathematics
- A mathematician at the Global Business Forum
- Lousy reporting targets Canada’s higher education
- Thank You Notes
- RT @JimOlverTBC: Mathematicians @BIRS_Math visiting the Walter Phillips Gallery @thebanffcentre @Banffcentrearts http://t.co/voDubp93fd 3 hours ago
- RT @UberFacts: Joseph Stalin’s granddaughter is a Buddhist, who lives in Portland and owns a “vintage clothing” boutique. 5 hours ago
- RT @HuffPostScience: 5th-grader begs Microsoft not to mess up Minecraft huff.to/1Dc37IP 7 hours ago
- RT @BIRS_Math: Jason Miller (Massachusetts Institute of Technology), Random Surfaces and Quantum Loewner Evolution birs.ca/events/2014/5-… 7 hours ago
- RT @NeinQuarterly: Growing up in Cold-War America, I learned to fear the Russians. Then I read them in college. And learned to fear myself. 8 hours ago
Daily Archives: October 29, 2011
The waitress suddenly interrupted our lively conversation. My discussions with Helmut -a fellow mathematician and a friend for more than 25 years, who looks like a cross between St John the Baptist and Attila the Hunt– are always loud, boisterous, … Continue reading
The joint pre-budget submission by NSERC, CIHR, SSHRC and CFI to the House of Commons Standing Committee on Finance is now public. Entitled, “BUILDING PROSPERITY, Research is building a brighter future for Canadians”, the document is supposed to be the 2012 manifesto of … Continue reading