- 407,481 hits
- #UBC says Now is the Time to Speculate #ubcnews #highered #bced #caut on Beyond UBC’s clumsy announcement regarding Gupta’s resignation
- Anon. on Why the UBC Leadership Crisis Matters Beyond the Ivory Tower, by Professor E. Wayne Ross
- Ghoussoub on Why the UBC Leadership Crisis Matters Beyond the Ivory Tower, by Professor E. Wayne Ross
- UBC Prof on What if dissent was manufactured?
- Cheryl on What if dissent was manufactured?
- UBC faculty to the Premier of BC: Help us out of this crisis
- What if dissent was manufactured?
- Why the UBC Leadership Crisis Matters Beyond the Ivory Tower, by Professor E. Wayne Ross
- The cataclysmic effect of masculinity contests on the ivory tower
- Prominent UBC Professor and FRSC, James Zidek, calls on Montalbano to resign
- An open letter to Angela Redish, interim UBC president, by Mark Mac Lean
- Unclear on the Concept: the UBC Board of Governors, by Elizabeth Hodgson
- Canada loses again
- Open letter to Martha Piper, by UBC Professor Leah Keshet
- An open letter to John Montalbano, chair of the UBC Board of Governors
- Beyond UBC’s clumsy announcement regarding Gupta’s resignation
- Reform(atting) the Canadian Institutes of Health Research – a living autopsy
- A few words at a happy event
- Light years from the academy
- The last graceful act of a beautiful mind
- An activist you are!
- Mathematics, poetry and beauty
- Four lessons from an amazing site visit
- Why Canada’s research granting councils mean so little to this government’s agenda
- How dare UBC take diversity so seriously?
- RT @marktmaclean: @j_mcelroy @keithbaldrey I didn't get my response from the Deputy Minister until 12 days after my request. Hands off, but… 1 hour ago
- RT @marktmaclean: @j_mcelroy @keithbaldrey you might ask why he was talking to Montalbano about my request for a conversation with him abou… 1 hour ago
- RT @j_mcelroy: .@keithbaldrey spoke with Advanced Ed. Minister Andrew Wilkinson. They don't want to get involved with UBC, hopes it blows o… 1 hour ago
- RT @j_mcelroy: Montalbano's survival depends on support of people in the research/donor community like Eaves. Is this a trend, or a footnot… 1 hour ago
- RT @marktmaclean: Well-written article on the Gupta resignation by @srchiose and @fabulavancouver in today's Globe and Mail: http://t.co/Bq… 1 hour ago
Daily Archives: October 29, 2011
The waitress suddenly interrupted our lively conversation. My discussions with Helmut -a fellow mathematician and a friend for more than 25 years, who looks like a cross between St John the Baptist and Attila the Hunt– are always loud, boisterous, … Continue reading
The joint pre-budget submission by NSERC, CIHR, SSHRC and CFI to the House of Commons Standing Committee on Finance is now public. Entitled, “BUILDING PROSPERITY, Research is building a brighter future for Canadians”, the document is supposed to be the 2012 manifesto of … Continue reading