- 336,199 hits
- Nilima on Highlights from the installation speech of UBC’s 13th President, Arvind Gupta
- Andrew Irwin on Canadian Common CV: NSERC vs. Linkedin
- Speculative Diction | Dissecting the USask fiasco | University Affairs on The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- Frank on The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- Phil Hultin on The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- To some a citation is worth $3 per year
- Highlights from the installation speech of UBC’s 13th President, Arvind Gupta
- The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- A ton of career blood in the cause of clearly defining academic freedom
- On the dark side of philanthropy
- Return on investment in faculty rarely captured by university CFOs
- UBC appoints a doer as its 13th President
- Bye Bye Board
- Now that Government has listened to the research community, will NSERC?
- Budget 2014 is nothing short of a paradigm shift for Canada’s research and innovation
- Artists, Philanthropists, Politicians join mathematicians in celebrating BIRS-affiliate research facility in Oaxaca
- UBC Board approves improved faculty housing assistance program
- Cost-cutting in post-secondary institutions: Rank and Yank, Lift and Shift
- Universities in an Era of ‘Non-Lieux’
- Roasting chestnuts for my favourite hockey players
- From “shared governance” to “shared services”: Lessons from the University of Michigan
- The UBC Faculty Housing Action Plan revisited
- Beyond “the homely West-side heritage home” that shelters UBC-Mathematics
- A mathematician at the Global Business Forum
- Lousy reporting targets Canada’s higher education
- RT @NatureNews: Top physicist to be Greek research minister "excellent news for the research community" ow.ly/I4peI http://t.co/… 1 hour ago
- RT @insidehighered: .@UCBerkeley finds -- and pledges to fix -- faculty salary gaps by gender and race: bit.ly/1z3aTnw 1 hour ago
- RT @dylanmatt: Harvard is a gigantic hedge fund that also happens to run a university for fun/tax purposes vox.com/2015/1/27/7924… 12 hours ago
- Landau was an antidote for arrogance, a cure for pretentiousness, a remedy for conceit. haaretz.com/news/national/… 18 hours ago
- RT @logicians: Short positive review of Michael Harris's "#Mathematics Without Apologies" —at Not Even Wrong. #math math.columbia.edu/~woit/wordpres… 18 hours ago
Daily Archives: September 20, 2011
A few hours after our last post was up, NSERC produced a reply to the letter of the chair of the Math/NSERC Liaison committee regarding term limits. All what I can say for now, is that if the staffer had … Continue reading