- 331,745 hits
- Nilima on Highlights from the installation speech of UBC’s 13th President, Arvind Gupta
- Andrew Irwin on Canadian Common CV: NSERC vs. Linkedin
- Speculative Diction | Dissecting the USask fiasco | University Affairs on The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- Frank on The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- Phil Hultin on The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- To some a citation is worth $3 per year
- Highlights from the installation speech of UBC’s 13th President, Arvind Gupta
- The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- A ton of career blood in the cause of clearly defining academic freedom
- On the dark side of philanthropy
- Return on investment in faculty rarely captured by university CFOs
- UBC appoints a doer as its 13th President
- Bye Bye Board
- Now that Government has listened to the research community, will NSERC?
- Budget 2014 is nothing short of a paradigm shift for Canada’s research and innovation
- Artists, Philanthropists, Politicians join mathematicians in celebrating BIRS-affiliate research facility in Oaxaca
- UBC Board approves improved faculty housing assistance program
- Cost-cutting in post-secondary institutions: Rank and Yank, Lift and Shift
- Universities in an Era of ‘Non-Lieux’
- Roasting chestnuts for my favourite hockey players
- From “shared governance” to “shared services”: Lessons from the University of Michigan
- The UBC Faculty Housing Action Plan revisited
- Beyond “the homely West-side heritage home” that shelters UBC-Mathematics
- A mathematician at the Global Business Forum
- Lousy reporting targets Canada’s higher education
- RT @chronicle: The president of the AAU says ideologically motivated and corporate-minded board members are hurting public colleges: http:/… 6 hours ago
- RT @ArnoRosenfeld: http://t.co/dGW1pOlAeg 6 hours ago
- RT @centerofmath: How many unique dinner combinations can you stuff yourself with this Thanksgiving? Watch our NEW VIDEO to find out! http:… 9 hours ago
- RT @DrLindseyFitz: When radiologists take selfies. http://t.co/JftVLeGrwu 9 hours ago
- RT @libe: 80 millions de bactéries échangées au cours d'un baiser bit.ly/1C9nqIL http://t.co/c78AFICGSP 9 hours ago
Daily Archives: March 13, 2011
The fattest course on the menu of Canada’s federal support for R&D is SR&ED, the $4-billion “Scientific Research and Experimental Development” tax credit program. So many people have been beating on SR&ED lately, which make you wonder whether it still have … Continue reading
On my last visit to Toronto a couple of weeks ago, I had a long discussion with fellow mathematician and friend, Jim Colliander. “ I love this country, but …” Jim was clearly distressed about the future of research in … Continue reading