- 338,816 hits
- Nilima on Highlights from the installation speech of UBC’s 13th President, Arvind Gupta
- Andrew Irwin on Canadian Common CV: NSERC vs. Linkedin
- Speculative Diction | Dissecting the USask fiasco | University Affairs on The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- Frank on The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- Phil Hultin on The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- To some a citation is worth $3 per year
- Highlights from the installation speech of UBC’s 13th President, Arvind Gupta
- The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- A ton of career blood in the cause of clearly defining academic freedom
- On the dark side of philanthropy
- Return on investment in faculty rarely captured by university CFOs
- UBC appoints a doer as its 13th President
- Bye Bye Board
- Now that Government has listened to the research community, will NSERC?
- Budget 2014 is nothing short of a paradigm shift for Canada’s research and innovation
- Artists, Philanthropists, Politicians join mathematicians in celebrating BIRS-affiliate research facility in Oaxaca
- UBC Board approves improved faculty housing assistance program
- Cost-cutting in post-secondary institutions: Rank and Yank, Lift and Shift
- Universities in an Era of ‘Non-Lieux’
- Roasting chestnuts for my favourite hockey players
- From “shared governance” to “shared services”: Lessons from the University of Michigan
- The UBC Faculty Housing Action Plan revisited
- Beyond “the homely West-side heritage home” that shelters UBC-Mathematics
- A mathematician at the Global Business Forum
- Lousy reporting targets Canada’s higher education
- RT @cjwerleman: If ISIS hadn't have beheaded James Foley, the US & Arab allies would be arming ISIS to topple Iranian regime in Baghdad, Da… 27 minutes ago
- Complex vs. simple: letters to the editor fw.to/giHkpXN 41 minutes ago
- RT @jwoodgett: Hands-on: working towards a brighter future for Canadian science literacy. research.lunenfeld.ca/rssnews/?page=… #SciComm #outreach http://… 1 hour ago
- "It reads as if it were prepared by one of the brighter sophomores on the Emanuel campaign’s intern team" salon.com/2015/03/06/was… 8 hours ago
- La cohésion par la peur. Comment se construit une peur collective? slate.fr/story/96871/pe… via @slatefr 9 hours ago
Daily Archives: March 5, 2011
As I was getting ready to work on the second installment for this topic, I stumbled on “Harvard Professors’ Consulting Firm Helped Qaddafi Polish His Image”. Go figure! But let’s not get distracted by this disturbing yet unsurprising story. It … Continue reading