- 320,830 hits
- Speculative Diction | Dissecting the USask fiasco | University Affairs on The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- Frank on The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- Phil Hultin on The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- Somewhere else, part 138 | Freakonometrics on Return on investment in faculty rarely captured by university CFOs
- Phil Hultin on A ton of career blood in the cause of clearly defining academic freedom
- The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- A ton of career blood in the cause of clearly defining academic freedom
- On the dark side of philanthropy
- Return on investment in faculty rarely captured by university CFOs
- UBC appoints a doer as its 13th President
- Bye Bye Board
- Now that Government has listened to the research community, will NSERC?
- Budget 2014 is nothing short of a paradigm shift for Canada’s research and innovation
- Artists, Philanthropists, Politicians join mathematicians in celebrating BIRS-affiliate research facility in Oaxaca
- UBC Board approves improved faculty housing assistance program
- Cost-cutting in post-secondary institutions: Rank and Yank, Lift and Shift
- Universities in an Era of ‘Non-Lieux’
- Roasting chestnuts for my favourite hockey players
- From “shared governance” to “shared services”: Lessons from the University of Michigan
- The UBC Faculty Housing Action Plan revisited
- Beyond “the homely West-side heritage home” that shelters UBC-Mathematics
- A mathematician at the Global Business Forum
- Lousy reporting targets Canada’s higher education
- Thank You Notes
- Celebrating Martin Barlow and Ed Perkins
- RT @UberFootFact: Cristiano Ronaldo was expelled from school at the age of 14 after throwing a chair at his teacher for mocking his family'… 6 hours ago
- RT @raulpacheco: Finally @ubcnews (The University of British Columbia, my alma mater and former employer) has a tweeting President @ArvindU… 6 hours ago
- RT @TylaB: “Google is not really a search company. It’s a machine-learning company” via @wired wired.com/2014/07/google… 23 hours ago
- About time! “@lemondefr: Manifestation devant Notre-Dame de Paris en soutien aux chrétiens d'Irak lemde.fr/1rrQEt8” 1 day ago
- RT @KenyaRugby247: #Commonwealth7s Gold medal history: 1998: NZ 2002: NZ 2006: NZ 2010: NZ 2014: South Africa. 1 day ago
Daily Archives: February 16, 2011
Last week, both UBC and the University of Toronto announced major plans to increase student housing opportunities on their campuses. Two completely different approaches, both motivated by the same determination to “go even more global”, and by their respective government’s … Continue reading
Invention and Innovation are obviously closely interrelated. But innovation is about economics, while discovery and invention are about knowledge. Innovation is about now, discovery is about now and the future. The problems arise when we start using the same measuring … Continue reading