- 358,356 hits
- Young-Heon Kim on An activist you are!
- Young-Heon Kim on Why Canada’s research granting councils mean so little to this government’s agenda
- Friday links: origin of an evolutionary icon, Canada vs. basic research, and more | Dynamic Ecology on Why Canada’s research granting councils mean so little to this government’s agenda
- jimwoodgett on Why Canada’s research granting councils mean so little to this government’s agenda
- Why Canada’s research granting councils mean so little to this government’s agenda | Piece of Mind on Budget 2014 is nothing short of a paradigm shift for Canada’s research and innovation
- A few words at a happy event
- Light years from the academy
- The last graceful act of a beautiful mind
- An activist you are!
- Mathematics, poetry and beauty
- Four lessons from an amazing site visit
- Why Canada’s research granting councils mean so little to this government’s agenda
- How dare UBC take diversity so seriously?
- On the “clientèle-based” logic in redefining academic units
- UBC’s free fall in university rankings
- To some a citation is worth $3 per year
- Highlights from the installation speech of UBC’s 13th President, Arvind Gupta
- The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- A ton of career blood in the cause of clearly defining academic freedom
- On the dark side of philanthropy
- Return on investment in faculty rarely captured by university CFOs
- UBC appoints a doer as its 13th President
- Bye Bye Board
- Now that Government has listened to the research community, will NSERC?
- Budget 2014 is nothing short of a paradigm shift for Canada’s research and innovation
- RT @Slate: Universities have started policing the F-word, even firing professors for using it. WTF? slate.me/1CHJpSI http://t.co/4KvT… 4 hours ago
- "It won’t be long before a list of aggrieved minority communities line up demanding a seat in the political process natpo.st/1dvn5Fl 6 hours ago
- Lauren Dobson-Hughes: "Women are not a niche demographic. We are not an aberration. We are 50+% of the population" policyoptions.irpp.org/2015/06/30/div… 6 hours ago
- So now the beatings will continue until morale improves independent.ie/opinion/column… via @Independent_ie 6 hours ago
- Is this guy real? "... greater diversity in Parliament is the very ruin of our great nation." natpo.st/1dvn5Fl 7 hours ago
Daily Archives: February 16, 2011
Last week, both UBC and the University of Toronto announced major plans to increase student housing opportunities on their campuses. Two completely different approaches, both motivated by the same determination to “go even more global”, and by their respective government’s … Continue reading
Invention and Innovation are obviously closely interrelated. But innovation is about economics, while discovery and invention are about knowledge. Innovation is about now, discovery is about now and the future. The problems arise when we start using the same measuring … Continue reading