- 358,701 hits
- Young-Heon Kim on An activist you are!
- Young-Heon Kim on Why Canada’s research granting councils mean so little to this government’s agenda
- Friday links: origin of an evolutionary icon, Canada vs. basic research, and more | Dynamic Ecology on Why Canada’s research granting councils mean so little to this government’s agenda
- jimwoodgett on Why Canada’s research granting councils mean so little to this government’s agenda
- Why Canada’s research granting councils mean so little to this government’s agenda | Piece of Mind on Budget 2014 is nothing short of a paradigm shift for Canada’s research and innovation
- A few words at a happy event
- Light years from the academy
- The last graceful act of a beautiful mind
- An activist you are!
- Mathematics, poetry and beauty
- Four lessons from an amazing site visit
- Why Canada’s research granting councils mean so little to this government’s agenda
- How dare UBC take diversity so seriously?
- On the “clientèle-based” logic in redefining academic units
- UBC’s free fall in university rankings
- To some a citation is worth $3 per year
- Highlights from the installation speech of UBC’s 13th President, Arvind Gupta
- The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- A ton of career blood in the cause of clearly defining academic freedom
- On the dark side of philanthropy
- Return on investment in faculty rarely captured by university CFOs
- UBC appoints a doer as its 13th President
- Bye Bye Board
- Now that Government has listened to the research community, will NSERC?
- Budget 2014 is nothing short of a paradigm shift for Canada’s research and innovation
- RT @BernieSanders: I applaud the people of Greece for saying ‘no' to more austerity for the the poor, the children, the sick and the elderl… 2 hours ago
- RT @freakonometrics: "The Guardian view on Greece’s no vote: eight days that shook a continent" theguardian.com/commentisfree/… http://t.co/3rDGz2w2… 3 hours ago
- Daughter of former Supreme Court justice Louise Arbour is running for the NDP in Ottawa twitter.com/BJSparkles/sta… 1 day ago
- RT @SamuelDalva: What's so Baffling about Negative Numbers -- a Cross-Cultural Comparison. dam.brown.edu/people/mumford… #math #history 1 day ago
- RT @BIRS_Math: Canadian International Mathematical Olympiad team looking sharp at @BIRS_Math birs.ca/events/2015/su… @imo2015thailand http:/… 1 day ago
Daily Archives: January 27, 2011
I should have said that’s how California mathematicians settle their differences. Didn’t the Unabomber have once an office in Berkeley’s Evans Hall? Here are the new findings by the NSF, and UBC’s response to the “Too Asian?”
As I was scratching my head trying to find new criteria to add to the NSERC formula for “binning” Canadian scientists, I contemplated adding an “Author’s Citation Index”. The thought didn’t last long.
It is the number of billionaires among the university alumni! Yes, no one is talking about millionaires any more and the ranking exercise has so far been applied only to Chinese universities.