- 358,465 hits
- Young-Heon Kim on An activist you are!
- Young-Heon Kim on Why Canada’s research granting councils mean so little to this government’s agenda
- Friday links: origin of an evolutionary icon, Canada vs. basic research, and more | Dynamic Ecology on Why Canada’s research granting councils mean so little to this government’s agenda
- jimwoodgett on Why Canada’s research granting councils mean so little to this government’s agenda
- Why Canada’s research granting councils mean so little to this government’s agenda | Piece of Mind on Budget 2014 is nothing short of a paradigm shift for Canada’s research and innovation
- A few words at a happy event
- Light years from the academy
- The last graceful act of a beautiful mind
- An activist you are!
- Mathematics, poetry and beauty
- Four lessons from an amazing site visit
- Why Canada’s research granting councils mean so little to this government’s agenda
- How dare UBC take diversity so seriously?
- On the “clientèle-based” logic in redefining academic units
- UBC’s free fall in university rankings
- To some a citation is worth $3 per year
- Highlights from the installation speech of UBC’s 13th President, Arvind Gupta
- The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- A ton of career blood in the cause of clearly defining academic freedom
- On the dark side of philanthropy
- Return on investment in faculty rarely captured by university CFOs
- UBC appoints a doer as its 13th President
- Bye Bye Board
- Now that Government has listened to the research community, will NSERC?
- Budget 2014 is nothing short of a paradigm shift for Canada’s research and innovation
- RT @canmathsociety: #EquipeMathCanada à l'Institut de recherche internationale de Banff @BIRS_Math @imo2015thailand http://t.co/hwZx5fMcuN 1 hour ago
- RT @ilaba: The passion of Amy Winehouse. Her troubled life should not eclipse her magnificent music. newyorker.com/culture/cultur… 3 hours ago
- Damning: Now the truth emerges: how the US fuelled the rise of Isis in Syria and Iraq | Seumas Milne gu.com/p/49f8p/stw 3 hours ago
- "(Heath doesn’t offer any example of Canadian “concern” other than Rex Murphy, who doesn’t really count). universityaffairs.ca/opinion/specul… 3 hours ago
- RT @LooTina: Sigh. twitter.com/fabulavancouve… 3 hours ago
Daily Archives: January 7, 2011
“How many faculty members does it take to change a light bulb?” is a joke that would have gone over well at the senior university administrators meeting held yesterday in … Palm Springs, California. It gets even better in this … Continue reading
The UBC faculty and the UBC Board of Governors have just ratified their collective agreement for 2010-2011. That’s six months after the previous contract had expired on June 30, 2010. I wasn’t the only one surprised by this turn of … Continue reading
We have already reported that the success rate for NSERC’s Discovery Grants have fallen from 71 per cent in 2008, to 64 percent in 2009, and to a record-low level of 58 per cent this year. Not to be outdone, … Continue reading
“Mathematician was listed as second best job in the world in the latest poll based on salary/cushy working conditions …appreciate your life”, texted my daughter from her political science class, this morning.