- 331,827 hits
- Nilima on Highlights from the installation speech of UBC’s 13th President, Arvind Gupta
- Andrew Irwin on Canadian Common CV: NSERC vs. Linkedin
- Speculative Diction | Dissecting the USask fiasco | University Affairs on The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- Frank on The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- Phil Hultin on The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- To some a citation is worth $3 per year
- Highlights from the installation speech of UBC’s 13th President, Arvind Gupta
- The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- A ton of career blood in the cause of clearly defining academic freedom
- On the dark side of philanthropy
- Return on investment in faculty rarely captured by university CFOs
- UBC appoints a doer as its 13th President
- Bye Bye Board
- Now that Government has listened to the research community, will NSERC?
- Budget 2014 is nothing short of a paradigm shift for Canada’s research and innovation
- Artists, Philanthropists, Politicians join mathematicians in celebrating BIRS-affiliate research facility in Oaxaca
- UBC Board approves improved faculty housing assistance program
- Cost-cutting in post-secondary institutions: Rank and Yank, Lift and Shift
- Universities in an Era of ‘Non-Lieux’
- Roasting chestnuts for my favourite hockey players
- From “shared governance” to “shared services”: Lessons from the University of Michigan
- The UBC Faculty Housing Action Plan revisited
- Beyond “the homely West-side heritage home” that shelters UBC-Mathematics
- A mathematician at the Global Business Forum
- Lousy reporting targets Canada’s higher education
- RT @alexandsieraa: *black man is shot* it was his own fault *girl is raped* she was asking for it *white boy shoots up a school* he's dis… 11 hours ago
- RT @PhillipSmyth: .@MichelleGhsoub wrote this gem of an article. Nails quite a bit. "The tired foreign media narrative on Lebanon"-- https:… 12 hours ago
- RT @JuddLegum: The only people questioning the grand jury process are crazy radicals. Oh, and the National Bar Association http://t.co/0wgC… 13 hours ago
- RT @chronicle: The president of the AAU says ideologically motivated and corporate-minded board members are hurting public colleges: http:/… 21 hours ago
- RT @ArnoRosenfeld: http://t.co/dGW1pOlAeg 22 hours ago
Daily Archives: January 7, 2011
“How many faculty members does it take to change a light bulb?” is a joke that would have gone over well at the senior university administrators meeting held yesterday in … Palm Springs, California. It gets even better in this … Continue reading
The UBC faculty and the UBC Board of Governors have just ratified their collective agreement for 2010-2011. That’s six months after the previous contract had expired on June 30, 2010. I wasn’t the only one surprised by this turn of … Continue reading
We have already reported that the success rate for NSERC’s Discovery Grants have fallen from 71 per cent in 2008, to 64 percent in 2009, and to a record-low level of 58 per cent this year. Not to be outdone, … Continue reading
“Mathematician was listed as second best job in the world in the latest poll based on salary/cushy working conditions …appreciate your life”, texted my daughter from her political science class, this morning.