- 338,577 hits
- Nilima on Highlights from the installation speech of UBC’s 13th President, Arvind Gupta
- Andrew Irwin on Canadian Common CV: NSERC vs. Linkedin
- Speculative Diction | Dissecting the USask fiasco | University Affairs on The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- Frank on The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- Phil Hultin on The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- To some a citation is worth $3 per year
- Highlights from the installation speech of UBC’s 13th President, Arvind Gupta
- The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- A ton of career blood in the cause of clearly defining academic freedom
- On the dark side of philanthropy
- Return on investment in faculty rarely captured by university CFOs
- UBC appoints a doer as its 13th President
- Bye Bye Board
- Now that Government has listened to the research community, will NSERC?
- Budget 2014 is nothing short of a paradigm shift for Canada’s research and innovation
- Artists, Philanthropists, Politicians join mathematicians in celebrating BIRS-affiliate research facility in Oaxaca
- UBC Board approves improved faculty housing assistance program
- Cost-cutting in post-secondary institutions: Rank and Yank, Lift and Shift
- Universities in an Era of ‘Non-Lieux’
- Roasting chestnuts for my favourite hockey players
- From “shared governance” to “shared services”: Lessons from the University of Michigan
- The UBC Faculty Housing Action Plan revisited
- Beyond “the homely West-side heritage home” that shelters UBC-Mathematics
- A mathematician at the Global Business Forum
- Lousy reporting targets Canada’s higher education
- RT @guardian: Save the Children head apologises for upset over award to Tony Blair trib.al/g9CgzyW 0 minutes ago
- RT @RabbiShmuley: With pastor Hagee and Elie Wiesel in speaker Boehner office http://t.co/0XaB8ebmNP 2 minutes ago
- RT @TeaPartyCat: That awkward moment when Republicans question the President's patriotism and then outsource US foreign policy to Benjamin … 8 minutes ago
- Powerful "scattered pieces" by Victoria Wicks @vcwix : thevarsity.ca/2015/03/02/sca… via @TheVarsity 9 hours ago
- Former president Stephen Toope to receive honorary UBC degree in May ubyssey.ca/news/former-pr… via @ubyssey 16 hours ago
Monthly Archives: October 2010
Stephen Owen, UBC’s vice-president, external, legal and community relations, is a man of high integrity, credibility, and respect, with whom I agree on most issues. I however, happen to fundamentally disagree with some of his premises in his latest article … Continue reading
Richard Kane passed away on October 1, 2010. He was a very dear friend, a friendship that was based on a common purpose of making Canadian Mathematics a major player on the international scene. His distinguished research career, his incredible … Continue reading