- 358,370 hits
- Young-Heon Kim on An activist you are!
- Young-Heon Kim on Why Canada’s research granting councils mean so little to this government’s agenda
- Friday links: origin of an evolutionary icon, Canada vs. basic research, and more | Dynamic Ecology on Why Canada’s research granting councils mean so little to this government’s agenda
- jimwoodgett on Why Canada’s research granting councils mean so little to this government’s agenda
- Why Canada’s research granting councils mean so little to this government’s agenda | Piece of Mind on Budget 2014 is nothing short of a paradigm shift for Canada’s research and innovation
- A few words at a happy event
- Light years from the academy
- The last graceful act of a beautiful mind
- An activist you are!
- Mathematics, poetry and beauty
- Four lessons from an amazing site visit
- Why Canada’s research granting councils mean so little to this government’s agenda
- How dare UBC take diversity so seriously?
- On the “clientèle-based” logic in redefining academic units
- UBC’s free fall in university rankings
- To some a citation is worth $3 per year
- Highlights from the installation speech of UBC’s 13th President, Arvind Gupta
- The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- A ton of career blood in the cause of clearly defining academic freedom
- On the dark side of philanthropy
- Return on investment in faculty rarely captured by university CFOs
- UBC appoints a doer as its 13th President
- Bye Bye Board
- Now that Government has listened to the research community, will NSERC?
- Budget 2014 is nothing short of a paradigm shift for Canada’s research and innovation
- RT @Slate: Universities have started policing the F-word, even firing professors for using it. WTF? slate.me/1CHJpSI http://t.co/4KvT… 12 hours ago
- "It won’t be long before a list of aggrieved minority communities line up demanding a seat in the political process natpo.st/1dvn5Fl 13 hours ago
- Lauren Dobson-Hughes: "Women are not a niche demographic. We are not an aberration. We are 50+% of the population" policyoptions.irpp.org/2015/06/30/div… 13 hours ago
- So now the beatings will continue until morale improves independent.ie/opinion/column… via @Independent_ie 13 hours ago
- Is this guy real? "... greater diversity in Parliament is the very ruin of our great nation." natpo.st/1dvn5Fl 14 hours ago
Monthly Archives: October 2010
Stephen Owen, UBC’s vice-president, external, legal and community relations, is a man of high integrity, credibility, and respect, with whom I agree on most issues. I however, happen to fundamentally disagree with some of his premises in his latest article … Continue reading
Richard Kane passed away on October 1, 2010. He was a very dear friend, a friendship that was based on a common purpose of making Canadian Mathematics a major player on the international scene. His distinguished research career, his incredible … Continue reading