- 336,385 hits
- Nilima on Highlights from the installation speech of UBC’s 13th President, Arvind Gupta
- Andrew Irwin on Canadian Common CV: NSERC vs. Linkedin
- Speculative Diction | Dissecting the USask fiasco | University Affairs on The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- Frank on The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- Phil Hultin on The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- To some a citation is worth $3 per year
- Highlights from the installation speech of UBC’s 13th President, Arvind Gupta
- The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- A ton of career blood in the cause of clearly defining academic freedom
- On the dark side of philanthropy
- Return on investment in faculty rarely captured by university CFOs
- UBC appoints a doer as its 13th President
- Bye Bye Board
- Now that Government has listened to the research community, will NSERC?
- Budget 2014 is nothing short of a paradigm shift for Canada’s research and innovation
- Artists, Philanthropists, Politicians join mathematicians in celebrating BIRS-affiliate research facility in Oaxaca
- UBC Board approves improved faculty housing assistance program
- Cost-cutting in post-secondary institutions: Rank and Yank, Lift and Shift
- Universities in an Era of ‘Non-Lieux’
- Roasting chestnuts for my favourite hockey players
- From “shared governance” to “shared services”: Lessons from the University of Michigan
- The UBC Faculty Housing Action Plan revisited
- Beyond “the homely West-side heritage home” that shelters UBC-Mathematics
- A mathematician at the Global Business Forum
- Lousy reporting targets Canada’s higher education
- RT @NSF_MPS: .@NSF to present FY16 #budget request Feb. 2, 3:30pm @NSF and via webcast. 1.usa.gov/1DnqRIy Media availability afterward… 45 minutes ago
- RT @MatthewMaddux: Does Mathematical Ability Predict Career Success? [paywalled] scientificamerican.com/article/does-m… 1 hour ago
- RT @Independent: France details nine ways to spot jihadi recruits ind.pn/1zGfPAG http://t.co/sa9a69pWk5 2 hours ago
- RT @KirkDBorne: UK's Alan Turing Institute will 'break new boundaries' in #BigData: pcr-online.biz/news/read/uk-s… #DataScience #MachineLearning #i… 2 hours ago
- RT @JBerdahl: Study: Among MBA grads asking for raises, women denied 21% of the time compared to men's denial rate of 10% http://t.co/IZph… 11 hours ago
Monthly Archives: October 2010
Stephen Owen, UBC’s vice-president, external, legal and community relations, is a man of high integrity, credibility, and respect, with whom I agree on most issues. I however, happen to fundamentally disagree with some of his premises in his latest article … Continue reading
Richard Kane passed away on October 1, 2010. He was a very dear friend, a friendship that was based on a common purpose of making Canadian Mathematics a major player on the international scene. His distinguished research career, his incredible … Continue reading