- 323,736 hits
- Speculative Diction | Dissecting the USask fiasco | University Affairs on The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- Frank on The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- Phil Hultin on The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- Somewhere else, part 138 | Freakonometrics on Return on investment in faculty rarely captured by university CFOs
- Phil Hultin on A ton of career blood in the cause of clearly defining academic freedom
- The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- A ton of career blood in the cause of clearly defining academic freedom
- On the dark side of philanthropy
- Return on investment in faculty rarely captured by university CFOs
- UBC appoints a doer as its 13th President
- Bye Bye Board
- Now that Government has listened to the research community, will NSERC?
- Budget 2014 is nothing short of a paradigm shift for Canada’s research and innovation
- Artists, Philanthropists, Politicians join mathematicians in celebrating BIRS-affiliate research facility in Oaxaca
- UBC Board approves improved faculty housing assistance program
- Cost-cutting in post-secondary institutions: Rank and Yank, Lift and Shift
- Universities in an Era of ‘Non-Lieux’
- Roasting chestnuts for my favourite hockey players
- From “shared governance” to “shared services”: Lessons from the University of Michigan
- The UBC Faculty Housing Action Plan revisited
- Beyond “the homely West-side heritage home” that shelters UBC-Mathematics
- A mathematician at the Global Business Forum
- Lousy reporting targets Canada’s higher education
- Thank You Notes
- Celebrating Martin Barlow and Ed Perkins
- “Having been a multiple 6 figure donor to Illinois over the years, I know our support is ending as we vehemently... wp.me/p1FPJG-1C9 6 minutes ago
- RT @PoliStuHills: #UBC Political Science friends - if you are interested / have a background in game theory / maths, I highly suggest Dr. K… 12 hours ago
- RT @Ted_Underwood: Regret to say that last night's report from students appears premature. Faculty have since met with Wise, & report no ch… 12 hours ago
- RT @SarahDWald: American Historical Association letter on Steven Salaita blog.historians.org/2014/09/letter… 12 hours ago
- RT @amermathsoc: Sep 2 1923: René Thom born. "one of the most original mathematical thinkers of the 20th century," recalls Bourguignon http… 13 hours ago
Monthly Archives: October 2010
Stephen Owen, UBC’s vice-president, external, legal and community relations, is a man of high integrity, credibility, and respect, with whom I agree on most issues. I however, happen to fundamentally disagree with some of his premises in his latest article … Continue reading
Richard Kane passed away on October 1, 2010. He was a very dear friend, a friendship that was based on a common purpose of making Canadian Mathematics a major player on the international scene. His distinguished research career, his incredible … Continue reading