- 336,180 hits
- Nilima on Highlights from the installation speech of UBC’s 13th President, Arvind Gupta
- Andrew Irwin on Canadian Common CV: NSERC vs. Linkedin
- Speculative Diction | Dissecting the USask fiasco | University Affairs on The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- Frank on The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- Phil Hultin on The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- To some a citation is worth $3 per year
- Highlights from the installation speech of UBC’s 13th President, Arvind Gupta
- The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- A ton of career blood in the cause of clearly defining academic freedom
- On the dark side of philanthropy
- Return on investment in faculty rarely captured by university CFOs
- UBC appoints a doer as its 13th President
- Bye Bye Board
- Now that Government has listened to the research community, will NSERC?
- Budget 2014 is nothing short of a paradigm shift for Canada’s research and innovation
- Artists, Philanthropists, Politicians join mathematicians in celebrating BIRS-affiliate research facility in Oaxaca
- UBC Board approves improved faculty housing assistance program
- Cost-cutting in post-secondary institutions: Rank and Yank, Lift and Shift
- Universities in an Era of ‘Non-Lieux’
- Roasting chestnuts for my favourite hockey players
- From “shared governance” to “shared services”: Lessons from the University of Michigan
- The UBC Faculty Housing Action Plan revisited
- Beyond “the homely West-side heritage home” that shelters UBC-Mathematics
- A mathematician at the Global Business Forum
- Lousy reporting targets Canada’s higher education
- RT @dylanmatt: Harvard is a gigantic hedge fund that also happens to run a university for fun/tax purposes vox.com/2015/1/27/7924… 54 minutes ago
- Landau was an antidote for arrogance, a cure for pretentiousness, a remedy for conceit. haaretz.com/news/national/… 6 hours ago
- RT @logicians: Short positive review of Michael Harris's "#Mathematics Without Apologies" —at Not Even Wrong. #math math.columbia.edu/~woit/wordpres… 6 hours ago
- Go figure! This guy used to be the President of "l'Office français de l'immigration et de l'integration" liberation.fr/politiques/201… via @libe 7 hours ago
- RT @sbauerAP: The University of Wisconsin wanted $95 million more in state aid; @GovWalker is proposing a $300 million cut, along with more… 8 hours ago
Tag Archives: UBC land
Stephen Owen, UBC’s vice-president, external, legal and community relations, is a man of high integrity, credibility, and respect, with whom I agree on most issues. I however, happen to fundamentally disagree with some of his premises in his latest article … Continue reading