- 331,786 hits
- Nilima on Highlights from the installation speech of UBC’s 13th President, Arvind Gupta
- Andrew Irwin on Canadian Common CV: NSERC vs. Linkedin
- Speculative Diction | Dissecting the USask fiasco | University Affairs on The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- Frank on The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- Phil Hultin on The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- To some a citation is worth $3 per year
- Highlights from the installation speech of UBC’s 13th President, Arvind Gupta
- The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- A ton of career blood in the cause of clearly defining academic freedom
- On the dark side of philanthropy
- Return on investment in faculty rarely captured by university CFOs
- UBC appoints a doer as its 13th President
- Bye Bye Board
- Now that Government has listened to the research community, will NSERC?
- Budget 2014 is nothing short of a paradigm shift for Canada’s research and innovation
- Artists, Philanthropists, Politicians join mathematicians in celebrating BIRS-affiliate research facility in Oaxaca
- UBC Board approves improved faculty housing assistance program
- Cost-cutting in post-secondary institutions: Rank and Yank, Lift and Shift
- Universities in an Era of ‘Non-Lieux’
- Roasting chestnuts for my favourite hockey players
- From “shared governance” to “shared services”: Lessons from the University of Michigan
- The UBC Faculty Housing Action Plan revisited
- Beyond “the homely West-side heritage home” that shelters UBC-Mathematics
- A mathematician at the Global Business Forum
- Lousy reporting targets Canada’s higher education
- RT @alexandsieraa: *black man is shot* it was his own fault *girl is raped* she was asking for it *white boy shoots up a school* he's dis… 3 hours ago
- RT @PhillipSmyth: .@MichelleGhsoub wrote this gem of an article. Nails quite a bit. "The tired foreign media narrative on Lebanon"-- https:… 5 hours ago
- RT @JuddLegum: The only people questioning the grand jury process are crazy radicals. Oh, and the National Bar Association http://t.co/0wgC… 6 hours ago
- RT @chronicle: The president of the AAU says ideologically motivated and corporate-minded board members are hurting public colleges: http:/… 14 hours ago
- RT @ArnoRosenfeld: http://t.co/dGW1pOlAeg 14 hours ago
Tag Archives: Perimeter Institute
“Was NSERC listening?” That was a reaction from the Twitter world to yesterday’s plenary address by Mike Lazaridis to the Annual Meeting of the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS). Indeed, Lazaridis rocked the casbah yesterday with his speech on the “Power of … Continue reading
“Even on the most exalted throne in the world we are only sitting on our own bottom”– Michel de Montaigne. “Sometimes Canada Gets it Right” is a recent joint op-ed by U. of Toronto President, David Naylor and UBC President, Stephen Toope. … Continue reading
On the occasion of an upcoming meeting of the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) in Vancouver, Stephen Toope, the President of UBC and Alan Leshner, CEO of the AAAS, co-wrote an op-ed for the Vancouver Sun entitled, “Innovation, international collaboration … Continue reading