- 407,936 hits
- #UBC says Now is the Time to Speculate #ubcnews #highered #bced #caut on Beyond UBC’s clumsy announcement regarding Gupta’s resignation
- Anon. on Why the UBC Leadership Crisis Matters Beyond the Ivory Tower, by Professor E. Wayne Ross
- Ghoussoub on Why the UBC Leadership Crisis Matters Beyond the Ivory Tower, by Professor E. Wayne Ross
- UBC Prof on What if dissent was manufactured?
- Cheryl on What if dissent was manufactured?
- UBC faculty to the Premier of BC: Help us out of this crisis
- What if dissent was manufactured?
- Why the UBC Leadership Crisis Matters Beyond the Ivory Tower, by Professor E. Wayne Ross
- The cataclysmic effect of masculinity contests on the ivory tower
- Prominent UBC Professor and FRSC, James Zidek, calls on Montalbano to resign
- An open letter to Angela Redish, interim UBC president, by Mark Mac Lean
- Unclear on the Concept: the UBC Board of Governors, by Elizabeth Hodgson
- Canada loses again
- Open letter to Martha Piper, by UBC Professor Leah Keshet
- An open letter to John Montalbano, chair of the UBC Board of Governors
- Beyond UBC’s clumsy announcement regarding Gupta’s resignation
- Reform(atting) the Canadian Institutes of Health Research – a living autopsy
- A few words at a happy event
- Light years from the academy
- The last graceful act of a beautiful mind
- An activist you are!
- Mathematics, poetry and beauty
- Four lessons from an amazing site visit
- Why Canada’s research granting councils mean so little to this government’s agenda
- How dare UBC take diversity so seriously?
- RT @Fillionsteph10: La @CFSFCEE demande que le Gouvernement de la CB s'implique plus dans la controverse de #ubc entourant le CA et John Mo… 4 hours ago
- RT @MarcAnthony: What does it matter how much money you have when everything that comes out of your mouth isn't worth 2 cents @realDonaldTr… 7 hours ago
- RT @SwedishCanary: "Go to bed, you'll feel better in the morning" is the human version of the IT Support question "Did you turn it off and … 7 hours ago
- RT @XphrP: It's raining unusually hard (by Vancouver standards) at #UBC right now. Good. 7 hours ago
- UBC Update for August 19 (by Adam Goodwin) wp.me/p2V430-10F 8 hours ago
Category Archives: Uncategorized
“We are deeply disappointed that Janis Sarra has had to step down as Director of the Peter Wall Institute for Advanced Studies… Like her, we will all work to secure the academic independence of the Institute and its programs, and … Continue reading
“I’m in Ottawa at the moment at the NSERC Discovery Grant competition – it’s particularly disturbing,” wrote one colleague from engineering, confirming again that the budget pressure on NSERC’s Discovery Grant (DG) program is becoming untenable. Another Evaluation Group (EG) … Continue reading
The substantial investment in university research that the Canadian government announced today is not the only story in Budget 2014. A bigger story may be the pivotal moment and the policy shift that it represents for this government on a … Continue reading
It is hiring season at UBC and my inbox was feeling it. “Housing is proving a major factor in our current recruitment round. What is the status of the housing action plan,” wrote a department head. Similar queries were coming … Continue reading
All the bulletins open with the same rhetoric: Universities are undergoing historic change due to the sharp downward shift in government funding, hence there is an urgent need to remove redundancy and cost while being able to preserve and improve … Continue reading
There is no shortage of academic topics to blog about. Much harder is to start a new year with a distinctly interesting post. Then, Stephen Toope saved the (my) day by publishing the following seminal post on the U15 blog. … Continue reading
Happy new year everyone! And thanks to the 72,000 of you from 140 countries, who viewed this blog in 2013.