There is no shortage of academic topics to blog about. Much harder is to start a new year with a distinctly interesting post. Then, Stephen Toope saved the (my) day by publishing the following seminal post on the U15 blog. I won’t venture a guess on whether “Piece of Mind” readers are normally interested in the prose emanating from the U15, but Toope’s contribution is provocative enough that it warrants a referral. So here it is.
- 358,653 hits
- Young-Heon Kim on An activist you are!
- Young-Heon Kim on Why Canada’s research granting councils mean so little to this government’s agenda
- Friday links: origin of an evolutionary icon, Canada vs. basic research, and more | Dynamic Ecology on Why Canada’s research granting councils mean so little to this government’s agenda
- jimwoodgett on Why Canada’s research granting councils mean so little to this government’s agenda
- Why Canada’s research granting councils mean so little to this government’s agenda | Piece of Mind on Budget 2014 is nothing short of a paradigm shift for Canada’s research and innovation
- A few words at a happy event
- Light years from the academy
- The last graceful act of a beautiful mind
- An activist you are!
- Mathematics, poetry and beauty
- Four lessons from an amazing site visit
- Why Canada’s research granting councils mean so little to this government’s agenda
- How dare UBC take diversity so seriously?
- On the “clientèle-based” logic in redefining academic units
- UBC’s free fall in university rankings
- To some a citation is worth $3 per year
- Highlights from the installation speech of UBC’s 13th President, Arvind Gupta
- The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- A ton of career blood in the cause of clearly defining academic freedom
- On the dark side of philanthropy
- Return on investment in faculty rarely captured by university CFOs
- UBC appoints a doer as its 13th President
- Bye Bye Board
- Now that Government has listened to the research community, will NSERC?
- Budget 2014 is nothing short of a paradigm shift for Canada’s research and innovation
- RT @SamuelDalva: What's so Baffling about Negative Numbers -- a Cross-Cultural Comparison. dam.brown.edu/people/mumford… #math #history 21 minutes ago
- RT @BIRS_Math: Canadian International Mathematical Olympiad team looking sharp at @BIRS_Math birs.ca/events/2015/su… @imo2015thailand http:/… 2 hours ago
- RT @UAlberta: Welcome President David Turpin, our 13th president and vice-chancellor. ow.ly/P1xlo #abpse #cdnpse http://t.co/DG8… 2 hours ago
- This Yanis Varoufakis is very convincing! youtu.be/OmqnYHmRg48 via @YouTube 2 hours ago
- RT @Banff_Squirrel: A most Canadian moment, at Banff's Vermilion Lakes, by @PaulZizkaPhoto! #mybanff @MarioLemieuxFdn http://t.co/siGA44U… 3 hours ago