- 333,767 hits
- Nilima on Highlights from the installation speech of UBC’s 13th President, Arvind Gupta
- Andrew Irwin on Canadian Common CV: NSERC vs. Linkedin
- Speculative Diction | Dissecting the USask fiasco | University Affairs on The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- Frank on The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- Phil Hultin on The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- To some a citation is worth $3 per year
- Highlights from the installation speech of UBC’s 13th President, Arvind Gupta
- The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- A ton of career blood in the cause of clearly defining academic freedom
- On the dark side of philanthropy
- Return on investment in faculty rarely captured by university CFOs
- UBC appoints a doer as its 13th President
- Bye Bye Board
- Now that Government has listened to the research community, will NSERC?
- Budget 2014 is nothing short of a paradigm shift for Canada’s research and innovation
- Artists, Philanthropists, Politicians join mathematicians in celebrating BIRS-affiliate research facility in Oaxaca
- UBC Board approves improved faculty housing assistance program
- Cost-cutting in post-secondary institutions: Rank and Yank, Lift and Shift
- Universities in an Era of ‘Non-Lieux’
- Roasting chestnuts for my favourite hockey players
- From “shared governance” to “shared services”: Lessons from the University of Michigan
- The UBC Faculty Housing Action Plan revisited
- Beyond “the homely West-side heritage home” that shelters UBC-Mathematics
- A mathematician at the Global Business Forum
- Lousy reporting targets Canada’s higher education
- Clapton: 'You never told me he (Jimi Hendrix) was that good' gu.com/p/2tzh4/stw 39 minutes ago
- RT @PhilosophyMusee: I began learning long ago that those who are happiest are those who do the most for others. Booker T. Washington 18 hours ago
- RT @stevesalaita: When people destroy your reputation, liberty, or livelihood, don't be acting all uncivil about it. #ColonialValues 18 hours ago
- RT @freakonometrics: "Consider this: Did Big Data Kill The Statistician?" goodstrat.com/2014/12/03/con… ht @DEAGiles 18 hours ago
- Wow! “@Slate: Watch the greatest Colbert moment of all time--the 2006 WH Corresp.'s Dinner: slate.me/1z1CDo5 http://t.co/Mo6fI6b0B0” 20 hours ago
Daily Archives: January 17, 2012
“How come I haven’t been reimbursed yet?”, I wrote to the organiser. More than three months have already passed since that glorious conference in Nice. Long enough to feel the pinch on the purse, but not enough to forget this luscious … Continue reading