- 336,293 hits
- Nilima on Highlights from the installation speech of UBC’s 13th President, Arvind Gupta
- Andrew Irwin on Canadian Common CV: NSERC vs. Linkedin
- Speculative Diction | Dissecting the USask fiasco | University Affairs on The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- Frank on The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- Phil Hultin on The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- To some a citation is worth $3 per year
- Highlights from the installation speech of UBC’s 13th President, Arvind Gupta
- The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- A ton of career blood in the cause of clearly defining academic freedom
- On the dark side of philanthropy
- Return on investment in faculty rarely captured by university CFOs
- UBC appoints a doer as its 13th President
- Bye Bye Board
- Now that Government has listened to the research community, will NSERC?
- Budget 2014 is nothing short of a paradigm shift for Canada’s research and innovation
- Artists, Philanthropists, Politicians join mathematicians in celebrating BIRS-affiliate research facility in Oaxaca
- UBC Board approves improved faculty housing assistance program
- Cost-cutting in post-secondary institutions: Rank and Yank, Lift and Shift
- Universities in an Era of ‘Non-Lieux’
- Roasting chestnuts for my favourite hockey players
- From “shared governance” to “shared services”: Lessons from the University of Michigan
- The UBC Faculty Housing Action Plan revisited
- Beyond “the homely West-side heritage home” that shelters UBC-Mathematics
- A mathematician at the Global Business Forum
- Lousy reporting targets Canada’s higher education
- RT @KarlreMarks: 1097 AD. Plus ça change http://t.co/IC7d1L1yrB 22 minutes ago
- RT @sciencecampaign: Cable announces partners in Alan Turing Institute @Cambridge_Uni @warwickuni @uclnews @EdinburghUni @UniofOxford http:… 23 minutes ago
- RT @freakonometrics: "How College Has Become a Riskier Investment" blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2015/… http://t.co/7CR17rqVQZ 9 hours ago
- Human rights lawyer Amal Alamuddin stands tall without George Clooney (via @torontostar) thestar.com/news/world/201… 11 hours ago
- Counterterrorism is supposed to let us live without fear. Instead, it's creating more of it | Cabral and Sutcliffe gu.com/p/456m8/stw 12 hours ago
Daily Archives: December 13, 2011
I kid you not! The president of the University of Oregon, Richard Lariviere, was recently fired because he wanted to use non-state funds to provide badly needed salary increases to retain and recruit faculty at his university. Robert Berdahl, a veteran of the … Continue reading