- 320,885 hits
- Speculative Diction | Dissecting the USask fiasco | University Affairs on The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- Frank on The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- Phil Hultin on The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- Somewhere else, part 138 | Freakonometrics on Return on investment in faculty rarely captured by university CFOs
- Phil Hultin on A ton of career blood in the cause of clearly defining academic freedom
- The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- A ton of career blood in the cause of clearly defining academic freedom
- On the dark side of philanthropy
- Return on investment in faculty rarely captured by university CFOs
- UBC appoints a doer as its 13th President
- Bye Bye Board
- Now that Government has listened to the research community, will NSERC?
- Budget 2014 is nothing short of a paradigm shift for Canada’s research and innovation
- Artists, Philanthropists, Politicians join mathematicians in celebrating BIRS-affiliate research facility in Oaxaca
- UBC Board approves improved faculty housing assistance program
- Cost-cutting in post-secondary institutions: Rank and Yank, Lift and Shift
- Universities in an Era of ‘Non-Lieux’
- Roasting chestnuts for my favourite hockey players
- From “shared governance” to “shared services”: Lessons from the University of Michigan
- The UBC Faculty Housing Action Plan revisited
- Beyond “the homely West-side heritage home” that shelters UBC-Mathematics
- A mathematician at the Global Business Forum
- Lousy reporting targets Canada’s higher education
- Thank You Notes
- Celebrating Martin Barlow and Ed Perkins
- RT @maanow: Without mathematics today’s astronomy and physics would be impossible; #Hilbert 55 minutes ago
- RT @MiaFarrow: What is Israel's long-term plan for Gaza? They can't kill everyone. Those who survive can never forget. They will want to be… 11 hours ago
- Laure Saint-Raymond. L’ingénue des maths (and soon Fields medalist?) liberation.fr/sciences/2014/… via @libe 14 hours ago
- RT @SqarerootofeviL: i understand now how atrocities like slavery, colonization, naziism, jim crow, apartheid, etc. were endorsed & permitt… 14 hours ago
- RT @UberFootFact: Cristiano Ronaldo was expelled from school at the age of 14 after throwing a chair at his teacher for mocking his family'… 22 hours ago
Daily Archives: July 18, 2011
That was Michael Hartmer, director of the German Association of University Professors, commenting to Der Spiegel on the latest “textbook example of how not to manage the relationship between private industry and the academy”. A far cry from what was … Continue reading