- 338,555 hits
- Nilima on Highlights from the installation speech of UBC’s 13th President, Arvind Gupta
- Andrew Irwin on Canadian Common CV: NSERC vs. Linkedin
- Speculative Diction | Dissecting the USask fiasco | University Affairs on The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- Frank on The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- Phil Hultin on The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- To some a citation is worth $3 per year
- Highlights from the installation speech of UBC’s 13th President, Arvind Gupta
- The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- A ton of career blood in the cause of clearly defining academic freedom
- On the dark side of philanthropy
- Return on investment in faculty rarely captured by university CFOs
- UBC appoints a doer as its 13th President
- Bye Bye Board
- Now that Government has listened to the research community, will NSERC?
- Budget 2014 is nothing short of a paradigm shift for Canada’s research and innovation
- Artists, Philanthropists, Politicians join mathematicians in celebrating BIRS-affiliate research facility in Oaxaca
- UBC Board approves improved faculty housing assistance program
- Cost-cutting in post-secondary institutions: Rank and Yank, Lift and Shift
- Universities in an Era of ‘Non-Lieux’
- Roasting chestnuts for my favourite hockey players
- From “shared governance” to “shared services”: Lessons from the University of Michigan
- The UBC Faculty Housing Action Plan revisited
- Beyond “the homely West-side heritage home” that shelters UBC-Mathematics
- A mathematician at the Global Business Forum
- Lousy reporting targets Canada’s higher education
- Former president Stephen Toope to receive honorary UBC degree in May ubyssey.ca/news/former-pr… via @ubyssey 2 hours ago
- RT @timeshighered: Clark: "universities need to be bastions of free speech." #HEhustings 3 hours ago
- RT @TheEconomist: A lynching in 1946 still remains unsolved. After 69 years, the odds of any justice are remote econ.st/1E2eL9K http… 6 hours ago
- RT @AJStream: Lebanese march for civil marriage ow.ly/JPIQJ #CivilMarriage http://t.co/x5bndk1VJb 6 hours ago
- RT @peterdaou: Yes, in a world where millions of babies go without food and medicine, such a thing as a "billionaire" exists http://t.co/SH… 6 hours ago
Daily Archives: May 19, 2011
16 out of the 28 members of Evaluation Group 1508 (for Mathematics and Statistics) wrote the following letter to NSERC’s President Suzanne Fortier to “draw (her) attention to the distressing results of the 2011 Discovery Grants Program”. It is a … Continue reading