- 323,284 hits
- Speculative Diction | Dissecting the USask fiasco | University Affairs on The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- Frank on The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- Phil Hultin on The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- Somewhere else, part 138 | Freakonometrics on Return on investment in faculty rarely captured by university CFOs
- Phil Hultin on A ton of career blood in the cause of clearly defining academic freedom
- The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- A ton of career blood in the cause of clearly defining academic freedom
- On the dark side of philanthropy
- Return on investment in faculty rarely captured by university CFOs
- UBC appoints a doer as its 13th President
- Bye Bye Board
- Now that Government has listened to the research community, will NSERC?
- Budget 2014 is nothing short of a paradigm shift for Canada’s research and innovation
- Artists, Philanthropists, Politicians join mathematicians in celebrating BIRS-affiliate research facility in Oaxaca
- UBC Board approves improved faculty housing assistance program
- Cost-cutting in post-secondary institutions: Rank and Yank, Lift and Shift
- Universities in an Era of ‘Non-Lieux’
- Roasting chestnuts for my favourite hockey players
- From “shared governance” to “shared services”: Lessons from the University of Michigan
- The UBC Faculty Housing Action Plan revisited
- Beyond “the homely West-side heritage home” that shelters UBC-Mathematics
- A mathematician at the Global Business Forum
- Lousy reporting targets Canada’s higher education
- Thank You Notes
- Celebrating Martin Barlow and Ed Perkins
- "With heavy heart, I am honoring the boycott. I have canceled my talk and abandoned my conference plans." bit.ly/1tAQ9zU 5 hours ago
- RT @uOttawa_M: “[T]he future belongs to scientists, engineers and mathematicians”; 30 of 50 best-paid jobs require STEM training http://t.c… 5 hours ago
- RT @lemondefr: Canada : ivre, il rentre par erreur chez le chef de l'opposition, et déclenche un débat national lemde.fr/1tSl3ll 11 hours ago
- UIUC students deliver letters/statements to Romano in Wise Repeated Absence: youtu.be/bK7Bm6bPwi8 via @YouTube 11 hours ago
- RT @Perimeter: David Bowie meets quantum physics: ow.ly/AKeAA Cool perspective from @ProfBrianCox on @DavidBowieReal. http://t.c… 16 hours ago
Daily Archives: May 6, 2011
Here is the reply of fellow mathematician, Greg Martin, to Isabelle Blain’s letter to the 2011 Discovery Grants applicants in mathematics and statistics (See below). There is also the open letter of Frithjof Lutscher.