- 336,459 hits
- Nilima on Highlights from the installation speech of UBC’s 13th President, Arvind Gupta
- Andrew Irwin on Canadian Common CV: NSERC vs. Linkedin
- Speculative Diction | Dissecting the USask fiasco | University Affairs on The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- Frank on The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- Phil Hultin on The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- To some a citation is worth $3 per year
- Highlights from the installation speech of UBC’s 13th President, Arvind Gupta
- The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- A ton of career blood in the cause of clearly defining academic freedom
- On the dark side of philanthropy
- Return on investment in faculty rarely captured by university CFOs
- UBC appoints a doer as its 13th President
- Bye Bye Board
- Now that Government has listened to the research community, will NSERC?
- Budget 2014 is nothing short of a paradigm shift for Canada’s research and innovation
- Artists, Philanthropists, Politicians join mathematicians in celebrating BIRS-affiliate research facility in Oaxaca
- UBC Board approves improved faculty housing assistance program
- Cost-cutting in post-secondary institutions: Rank and Yank, Lift and Shift
- Universities in an Era of ‘Non-Lieux’
- Roasting chestnuts for my favourite hockey players
- From “shared governance” to “shared services”: Lessons from the University of Michigan
- The UBC Faculty Housing Action Plan revisited
- Beyond “the homely West-side heritage home” that shelters UBC-Mathematics
- A mathematician at the Global Business Forum
- Lousy reporting targets Canada’s higher education
- RT @EWayneRoss: Gov. Scott Walker seeks $300 million in university cuts, but $220 million to build NBA team a new arena http://t.co/DRQwWI0… 12 hours ago
- Another troubling case @AcademeBlog: Professor Stephen Cohen and the American Assoc. for Slavic, East European, and wp.me/p1KBNi-2ZX” 12 hours ago
- RT @GrainneMaguire: I love how Amal Clooneys new celebrity means that court cases about genocide now pop up in gossip columns http://t.co/4… 13 hours ago
- University of Illinois Responds to Salaita Lawsuit and a counter-response by @AcademeBlog wp.me/p1KBNi-2ZV 13 hours ago
- Deja entendu? State Dept: Israel's 450 new units over the Green Line will further isolate Israel & inflame tensions. haaretz.com/news/diplomacy… 19 hours ago
Daily Archives: February 25, 2011
Don Fraser, Professor Emeritus at the University of Toronto has taught and trained several generations of Canadian statisticians, and he is still at it. He also continues to contribute high-level research. He was –as recently as last summer– an invited … Continue reading