- 358,672 hits
- Young-Heon Kim on An activist you are!
- Young-Heon Kim on Why Canada’s research granting councils mean so little to this government’s agenda
- Friday links: origin of an evolutionary icon, Canada vs. basic research, and more | Dynamic Ecology on Why Canada’s research granting councils mean so little to this government’s agenda
- jimwoodgett on Why Canada’s research granting councils mean so little to this government’s agenda
- Why Canada’s research granting councils mean so little to this government’s agenda | Piece of Mind on Budget 2014 is nothing short of a paradigm shift for Canada’s research and innovation
- A few words at a happy event
- Light years from the academy
- The last graceful act of a beautiful mind
- An activist you are!
- Mathematics, poetry and beauty
- Four lessons from an amazing site visit
- Why Canada’s research granting councils mean so little to this government’s agenda
- How dare UBC take diversity so seriously?
- On the “clientèle-based” logic in redefining academic units
- UBC’s free fall in university rankings
- To some a citation is worth $3 per year
- Highlights from the installation speech of UBC’s 13th President, Arvind Gupta
- The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- A ton of career blood in the cause of clearly defining academic freedom
- On the dark side of philanthropy
- Return on investment in faculty rarely captured by university CFOs
- UBC appoints a doer as its 13th President
- Bye Bye Board
- Now that Government has listened to the research community, will NSERC?
- Budget 2014 is nothing short of a paradigm shift for Canada’s research and innovation
- Daughter of former Supreme Court justice Louise Arbour is running for the NDP in Ottawa twitter.com/BJSparkles/sta… 15 hours ago
- RT @SamuelDalva: What's so Baffling about Negative Numbers -- a Cross-Cultural Comparison. dam.brown.edu/people/mumford… #math #history 15 hours ago
- RT @BIRS_Math: Canadian International Mathematical Olympiad team looking sharp at @BIRS_Math birs.ca/events/2015/su… @imo2015thailand http:/… 17 hours ago
- RT @UAlberta: Welcome President David Turpin, our 13th president and vice-chancellor. ow.ly/P1xlo #abpse #cdnpse http://t.co/DG8… 17 hours ago
- This Yanis Varoufakis is very convincing! youtu.be/OmqnYHmRg48 via @YouTube 17 hours ago
Daily Archives: January 6, 2011
Here are some answers to the questions in yesterday’s post, put in the global context of the granting system. 1. Let’s start with the boring stuff. The three programs are new, though “Frontiers” is newer and just off the … Continue reading
I have blogged in the past about an imminent threat to the Erwin Schrödinger Institute (ESI) in Vienna, Austria. The Austrian Ministry of Science had informed the ESI on November 8, 2010, that the institute’s funding would be terminated on … Continue reading