- 320,999 hits
- Speculative Diction | Dissecting the USask fiasco | University Affairs on The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- Frank on The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- Phil Hultin on The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- Somewhere else, part 138 | Freakonometrics on Return on investment in faculty rarely captured by university CFOs
- Phil Hultin on A ton of career blood in the cause of clearly defining academic freedom
- The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- A ton of career blood in the cause of clearly defining academic freedom
- On the dark side of philanthropy
- Return on investment in faculty rarely captured by university CFOs
- UBC appoints a doer as its 13th President
- Bye Bye Board
- Now that Government has listened to the research community, will NSERC?
- Budget 2014 is nothing short of a paradigm shift for Canada’s research and innovation
- Artists, Philanthropists, Politicians join mathematicians in celebrating BIRS-affiliate research facility in Oaxaca
- UBC Board approves improved faculty housing assistance program
- Cost-cutting in post-secondary institutions: Rank and Yank, Lift and Shift
- Universities in an Era of ‘Non-Lieux’
- Roasting chestnuts for my favourite hockey players
- From “shared governance” to “shared services”: Lessons from the University of Michigan
- The UBC Faculty Housing Action Plan revisited
- Beyond “the homely West-side heritage home” that shelters UBC-Mathematics
- A mathematician at the Global Business Forum
- Lousy reporting targets Canada’s higher education
- Thank You Notes
- Celebrating Martin Barlow and Ed Perkins
- RT @eliselabottcnn: what bad timing. Former Prime Minister Tony Blair wins million dollar Israeli leadership prize | via @Telegraph http://… 12 hours ago
- Antigone à la République: blogs.mediapart.fr/blog/ivar/2807… via @MediapartLeClub 14 hours ago
- RT @ubcaplaceofmind: RT @ArvindUBC: 75% of #UBC undergrads graduate with community service, co-ops, internships, field research & other exp… 16 hours ago
- RT @arabiaenquirer: BREAKING: Israel launches nationwide competition to name next Gaza offensive bit.ly/1lSaxpv 18 hours ago
- RT @karimbitar: The Islamic State Is the Newest Petrostate foreignpolicy.com/articles/2014/… 19 hours ago
Daily Archives: January 6, 2011
Here are some answers to the questions in yesterday’s post, put in the global context of the granting system. 1. Let’s start with the boring stuff. The three programs are new, though “Frontiers” is newer and just off the … Continue reading
I have blogged in the past about an imminent threat to the Erwin Schrödinger Institute (ESI) in Vienna, Austria. The Austrian Ministry of Science had informed the ESI on November 8, 2010, that the institute’s funding would be terminated on … Continue reading