- 358,653 hits
- Young-Heon Kim on An activist you are!
- Young-Heon Kim on Why Canada’s research granting councils mean so little to this government’s agenda
- Friday links: origin of an evolutionary icon, Canada vs. basic research, and more | Dynamic Ecology on Why Canada’s research granting councils mean so little to this government’s agenda
- jimwoodgett on Why Canada’s research granting councils mean so little to this government’s agenda
- Why Canada’s research granting councils mean so little to this government’s agenda | Piece of Mind on Budget 2014 is nothing short of a paradigm shift for Canada’s research and innovation
- A few words at a happy event
- Light years from the academy
- The last graceful act of a beautiful mind
- An activist you are!
- Mathematics, poetry and beauty
- Four lessons from an amazing site visit
- Why Canada’s research granting councils mean so little to this government’s agenda
- How dare UBC take diversity so seriously?
- On the “clientèle-based” logic in redefining academic units
- UBC’s free fall in university rankings
- To some a citation is worth $3 per year
- Highlights from the installation speech of UBC’s 13th President, Arvind Gupta
- The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- A ton of career blood in the cause of clearly defining academic freedom
- On the dark side of philanthropy
- Return on investment in faculty rarely captured by university CFOs
- UBC appoints a doer as its 13th President
- Bye Bye Board
- Now that Government has listened to the research community, will NSERC?
- Budget 2014 is nothing short of a paradigm shift for Canada’s research and innovation
- RT @SamuelDalva: What's so Baffling about Negative Numbers -- a Cross-Cultural Comparison. dam.brown.edu/people/mumford… #math #history 20 minutes ago
- RT @BIRS_Math: Canadian International Mathematical Olympiad team looking sharp at @BIRS_Math birs.ca/events/2015/su… @imo2015thailand http:/… 2 hours ago
- RT @UAlberta: Welcome President David Turpin, our 13th president and vice-chancellor. ow.ly/P1xlo #abpse #cdnpse http://t.co/DG8… 2 hours ago
- This Yanis Varoufakis is very convincing! youtu.be/OmqnYHmRg48 via @YouTube 2 hours ago
- RT @Banff_Squirrel: A most Canadian moment, at Banff's Vermilion Lakes, by @PaulZizkaPhoto! #mybanff @MarioLemieuxFdn http://t.co/siGA44U… 3 hours ago
Daily Archives: December 13, 2010
Jonathan Borwein just sent me these priceless photos of the Halaman Ferguson structure “under construction”.
Any one who has walked the streets of the Latin quarter in Paris knows about the special reverence with which the French treat their scholars. The streets carry the names of no other but Laplace, Fourier, Monge, Poincaré, Curie, Perrin, … Continue reading
In response to my post, “Buckling under the weight of an award”, David Brydges wrote, “Someone must have planted a Higgs Boson in your award! After all, particle physicists believe that it is the origin of mass.”