- 331,568 hits
- Nilima on Highlights from the installation speech of UBC’s 13th President, Arvind Gupta
- Andrew Irwin on Canadian Common CV: NSERC vs. Linkedin
- Speculative Diction | Dissecting the USask fiasco | University Affairs on The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- Frank on The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- Phil Hultin on The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- To some a citation is worth $3 per year
- Highlights from the installation speech of UBC’s 13th President, Arvind Gupta
- The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- A ton of career blood in the cause of clearly defining academic freedom
- On the dark side of philanthropy
- Return on investment in faculty rarely captured by university CFOs
- UBC appoints a doer as its 13th President
- Bye Bye Board
- Now that Government has listened to the research community, will NSERC?
- Budget 2014 is nothing short of a paradigm shift for Canada’s research and innovation
- Artists, Philanthropists, Politicians join mathematicians in celebrating BIRS-affiliate research facility in Oaxaca
- UBC Board approves improved faculty housing assistance program
- Cost-cutting in post-secondary institutions: Rank and Yank, Lift and Shift
- Universities in an Era of ‘Non-Lieux’
- Roasting chestnuts for my favourite hockey players
- From “shared governance” to “shared services”: Lessons from the University of Michigan
- The UBC Faculty Housing Action Plan revisited
- Beyond “the homely West-side heritage home” that shelters UBC-Mathematics
- A mathematician at the Global Business Forum
- Lousy reporting targets Canada’s higher education
- RT @BIRS_Math: "The chance to expose different ideas and research directions... was unique and highly valuable." N. Tishby http://t.co/cw… 5 hours ago
- Ditto “@SeamusORegan: So happy for the happiness of my dear friend, @JeffMelanson, as he celebrates his marriage to @Eleanor_McCain." 7 hours ago
- RT @leweb: What's hot in France? Marie Ekeland (@bibicheri), @NicolasDufourcq, @pierrekm & @thieulin will answer at #leweb http://t.co/CjJT… 7 hours ago
- RT @CoreyRobin: To deal w/ strike at U. Oregon, administration urges faculty to make exams Scantron and allow undergrads to opt out http://… 1 day ago
- RT @brainpicker: November 19,1957: Albert Camus’s beautiful letter of gratitude to his childhood teacher after winning the Nobel Prize http… 3 days ago
Daily Archives: December 13, 2010
Jonathan Borwein just sent me these priceless photos of the Halaman Ferguson structure “under construction”.
Any one who has walked the streets of the Latin quarter in Paris knows about the special reverence with which the French treat their scholars. The streets carry the names of no other but Laplace, Fourier, Monge, Poincaré, Curie, Perrin, … Continue reading
In response to my post, “Buckling under the weight of an award”, David Brydges wrote, “Someone must have planted a Higgs Boson in your award! After all, particle physicists believe that it is the origin of mass.”