- 325,258 hits
- Speculative Diction | Dissecting the USask fiasco | University Affairs on The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- Frank on The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- Phil Hultin on The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- Somewhere else, part 138 | Freakonometrics on Return on investment in faculty rarely captured by university CFOs
- Phil Hultin on A ton of career blood in the cause of clearly defining academic freedom
- Highlights from the installation speech of UBC’s 13th President, Arvind Gupta
- The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- A ton of career blood in the cause of clearly defining academic freedom
- On the dark side of philanthropy
- Return on investment in faculty rarely captured by university CFOs
- UBC appoints a doer as its 13th President
- Bye Bye Board
- Now that Government has listened to the research community, will NSERC?
- Budget 2014 is nothing short of a paradigm shift for Canada’s research and innovation
- Artists, Philanthropists, Politicians join mathematicians in celebrating BIRS-affiliate research facility in Oaxaca
- UBC Board approves improved faculty housing assistance program
- Cost-cutting in post-secondary institutions: Rank and Yank, Lift and Shift
- Universities in an Era of ‘Non-Lieux’
- Roasting chestnuts for my favourite hockey players
- From “shared governance” to “shared services”: Lessons from the University of Michigan
- The UBC Faculty Housing Action Plan revisited
- Beyond “the homely West-side heritage home” that shelters UBC-Mathematics
- A mathematician at the Global Business Forum
- Lousy reporting targets Canada’s higher education
- Thank You Notes
- The Salaita case and the Big Money takeover of state universities fw.to/4YWf9q 6 hours ago
- RT @cnewf: #UCBerkeley Faculty Association statement on academic freedom & civility #Dirks comments dailycal.org/2014/09/16/fre… 8 hours ago
- RT @GlobalHigherEd: The #UBC president installation is about to begin http://t.co/vGFjchJCAM | On why Arvind Gupta was selected: http://t.c… 12 hours ago
- This funding will be directed toward those who are leaders at discovering, developing, and deploying knowledge. @AcademicaTopTen 12 hours ago
- RT @JimOlverTBC: Mathematicians @BIRS_Math visiting the Walter Phillips Gallery @thebanffcentre @Banffcentrearts http://t.co/voDubp93fd 1 day ago
Daily Archives: December 4, 2010
“Enough reports. We’ve seen enough,” NSERC’s President Suzanne Fortier said in a recent interview with the Globe&Mail. “At the end of the day, we all agree that Canada needs to up its game in innovation”. She also talks about how … Continue reading
NSERC introduced in 2009 a new “binning” system to the review process in the Discovery Grant program. The program’s success rate has been on a downward spiral since — from 71 per cent in 2008 to 64 per cent in … Continue reading