- 408,902 hits
- #UBC says Now is the Time to Speculate #ubcnews #highered #bced #caut | Institute for Critical Education Studies on Beyond UBC’s clumsy announcement regarding Gupta’s resignation
- #UBC says Now is the Time to Speculate #ubcnews #highered #bced #caut on Beyond UBC’s clumsy announcement regarding Gupta’s resignation
- Anon. on Why the UBC Leadership Crisis Matters Beyond the Ivory Tower, by Professor E. Wayne Ross
- Ghoussoub on Why the UBC Leadership Crisis Matters Beyond the Ivory Tower, by Professor E. Wayne Ross
- UBC Prof on What if dissent was manufactured?
- UBC faculty to the Premier of BC: Help us out of this crisis
- What if dissent was manufactured?
- Why the UBC Leadership Crisis Matters Beyond the Ivory Tower, by Professor E. Wayne Ross
- The cataclysmic effect of masculinity contests on the ivory tower
- Prominent UBC Professor and FRSC, James Zidek, calls on Montalbano to resign
- An open letter to Angela Redish, interim UBC president, by Mark Mac Lean
- Unclear on the Concept: the UBC Board of Governors, by Elizabeth Hodgson
- Canada loses again
- Open letter to Martha Piper, by UBC Professor Leah Keshet
- An open letter to John Montalbano, chair of the UBC Board of Governors
- Beyond UBC’s clumsy announcement regarding Gupta’s resignation
- Reform(atting) the Canadian Institutes of Health Research – a living autopsy
- A few words at a happy event
- Light years from the academy
- The last graceful act of a beautiful mind
- An activist you are!
- Mathematics, poetry and beauty
- Four lessons from an amazing site visit
- Why Canada’s research granting councils mean so little to this government’s agenda
- How dare UBC take diversity so seriously?
- RT @POTUS: President Carter is as good a man as they come. Michelle and I are praying for him and Rosalynn. We're all pulling for you, Jimm… 29 minutes ago
- The Fearful and the Frustrated newyorker.com/magazine/2015/… 30 minutes ago
- RT @qui_oui: Th Vancouver Sun is a pretty disappointing publication. Yes, I'm being gentle with that assessment 2 hours ago
- RT @raulpacheco: A special #ScholarSunday to @JBerdahl on gender and diversity in organizations, also for her bravery in defending #Academi… 2 hours ago
- RT @DCampbell212: $430,000 to search for new UBC pres, $446,000 to pay the one on leave...is it any wonder the cost of university is ridicu… 2 hours ago
Monthly Archives: November 2010
President Stephen Toope and his wife Paula Rosen hosted a lovely reception last night at their house in honor of Julie Payette and Louis Nirenberg, this year’s recipients of UBC’s honorary degrees. With her familiar gracious and humorous style, the … Continue reading
The news for British universities are particularly bad as of late. Higher education will suffer major budget cuts under a recent spending review released by the British government. Excluding research support, which will remain flat, the amount of money going … Continue reading
NY Times’ conservative columnist, David Brooks, writes about what America needs to do to achieve success in the future. “Building that America means doing everything possible to thicken connections: finance research to attract scientists; improve infrastructure to ease travel; fix … Continue reading
“Canada boosts university research funding,” screams the CBC: a whopping $275.6 million into science and technology research. A closer look shows that all what they are announcing (again) is this year’s installment on what past governments had committed a long … Continue reading
I have been scratching my head for a while as to what it means to represent the faculty on the Board of Governors. How can I know the issues that my colleagues care about, and where they stand on them? … Continue reading
They deserve to be treated fairly by our institutions and our government,” said Meaghan Coker, President of the Ontario Undergraduate Student Alliance (OUSA), which represents the interests of over 140,000 professional and undergraduate, university students at seven Ontario institutions.
Do we or don’t we want foreign talent to move to Canada? So many mixed signals.