- 348,668 hits
- Minelle Mahtani on How dare UBC take diversity so seriously?
- Ghoussoub on How dare UBC take diversity so seriously?
- Adam Schubel on How dare UBC take diversity so seriously?
- Brian Merchant on On the “clientèle-based” logic in redefining academic units
- H. Ben-El-Mechaiekh on On the “clientèle-based” logic in redefining academic units
- How dare UBC take diversity so seriously?
- On the “clientèle-based” logic in redefining academic units
- UBC’s free fall in university rankings
- To some a citation is worth $3 per year
- Highlights from the installation speech of UBC’s 13th President, Arvind Gupta
- The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- A ton of career blood in the cause of clearly defining academic freedom
- On the dark side of philanthropy
- Return on investment in faculty rarely captured by university CFOs
- UBC appoints a doer as its 13th President
- Bye Bye Board
- Now that Government has listened to the research community, will NSERC?
- Budget 2014 is nothing short of a paradigm shift for Canada’s research and innovation
- Artists, Philanthropists, Politicians join mathematicians in celebrating BIRS-affiliate research facility in Oaxaca
- UBC Board approves improved faculty housing assistance program
- Cost-cutting in post-secondary institutions: Rank and Yank, Lift and Shift
- Universities in an Era of ‘Non-Lieux’
- Roasting chestnuts for my favourite hockey players
- From “shared governance” to “shared services”: Lessons from the University of Michigan
- The UBC Faculty Housing Action Plan revisited
- RT @HumanRightsRR: “My aunt, my hero.” A tribute to assassinated Libyan freedom fighter Salwa Bugaighis – Women in the World in http://t.co… 5 hours ago
- RT @feministabulous: #CecilyStrong makes great racial justice jab: "Your hair is so white now it can talk back to the police." #WHCD http:/… 5 hours ago
- Obama on HC:"I had a friend, just a few weeks ago, she was making millions of dollars a year, and now she's living out of a van in Iowa." 5 hours ago
- Obama: "I look so old John Boehner's already invited Netanyahu to speak at my funeral." 5 hours ago
- RT @Salon: An inspired match: How the opposing lawyers in Bush v. Gore came together to fight for same-sex marriage slnm.us/y7tKFof 6 hours ago
Daily Archives: November 24, 2010
Do we or don’t we want foreign talent to move to Canada? So many mixed signals.
David R. Jones, UBC Professor Emeritus, Member, Order of Canada (2003), Distinguished Scholar, Peter Wall Institute for Advanced Studies at UBC (2002), Flavelle Medal, Royal Society of Canada (2000), Killam UBC Research Prize (1993), Fry Medallist, Canadian Society of Zoologists, … Continue reading
I thought I was the only one whining about our colleagues not getting the Nobel prize for Physics.Wrong! According to Naturenews, the Nobel prize committee did not do its homework before making the 2010 award for physics.