- 329,235 hits
- Nilima on Highlights from the installation speech of UBC’s 13th President, Arvind Gupta
- Andrew Irwin on Canadian Common CV: NSERC vs. Linkedin
- Speculative Diction | Dissecting the USask fiasco | University Affairs on The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- Frank on The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- Phil Hultin on The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- Highlights from the installation speech of UBC’s 13th President, Arvind Gupta
- The President of the University of Alberta asked us to think twice, and we have!
- A ton of career blood in the cause of clearly defining academic freedom
- On the dark side of philanthropy
- Return on investment in faculty rarely captured by university CFOs
- UBC appoints a doer as its 13th President
- Bye Bye Board
- Now that Government has listened to the research community, will NSERC?
- Budget 2014 is nothing short of a paradigm shift for Canada’s research and innovation
- Artists, Philanthropists, Politicians join mathematicians in celebrating BIRS-affiliate research facility in Oaxaca
- UBC Board approves improved faculty housing assistance program
- Cost-cutting in post-secondary institutions: Rank and Yank, Lift and Shift
- Universities in an Era of ‘Non-Lieux’
- Roasting chestnuts for my favourite hockey players
- From “shared governance” to “shared services”: Lessons from the University of Michigan
- The UBC Faculty Housing Action Plan revisited
- Beyond “the homely West-side heritage home” that shelters UBC-Mathematics
- A mathematician at the Global Business Forum
- Lousy reporting targets Canada’s higher education
- Thank You Notes
- RT @mathematicsprof: Want to be a famous mathematician? Here is a list of over 100 unsolved problems in mathematics. Good luck. http:/… 9 minutes ago
- RT @SLSingh: "Homer Simpson's scary maths problems" bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-… twitpic.com/eawcal My BBC Halloween article from last year. 26 minutes ago
- RT @KarlreMarks: If awareness of the inequalities of the class system leads to revolution, there would have been one on every flight that h… 47 minutes ago
- RT @SqarerootofeviL: "@marxistJorge French station @FRANCE24 describes coup-plotter killer of Thomas Sankara as "peacemaker" #BurkinaFaso h… 9 hours ago
- RT @m_m_campbell: Science of Arabia. Arabic texts that shaped scientific thought. theguardian.com/higher-educati… #science by @clurshaw http://t.co/… 9 hours ago
Daily Archives: November 23, 2010
“Mathematical models, miscast as villains in some accounts of the current financial crisis, have been responsible for keeping the hedge funds of at least one carefully watched firm spectacularly profitable. In a classic case of giving back, profits from … Continue reading
I am supposed to participate in a public debate with Isabelle Blain, NSERC’s Vice-President, Research Grants and Fellowships. Topic: Comparison of NSERC Discovery Grant Application Evaluation Systems: New and Old Time: Sunday, December 5, 5 PM – 6:20 PM Place: … Continue reading